Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Java Trip Pt 1

wooowww...it's been more than 7 months since the last time I opened this blog..my my...

well...a lot of things happened since the last time I did some writings here...hope I can conclude everything in a brief..

do you remember about my writings about bali or jogja? Well, the decision was Jogja. We went there (we as for my parents, boyfee's family, and myself) for 5 days and 4 nights. Though, we didn't stay the whole time in Jogja. We had our little-Central of Java-trip. Why? Because of this:

Day 1:

- flight from KLIA was 9.10am and we arrived at 10.40WIB, flew by MAS *served meals: rice with prawns, cakes, ferrero roche, hot tea, orange juice, Haagen Dasz* --> Satisfied!

- met boyfee, adek after got stuck in the imigration *it's ridiculous since they only have 2 PIC in the international arrival and waiting for the luggage is also annoying since the space is too small*

- checked-in to the hotel: Grand Quality Hotel, rate Rp490,000 nett (incl. breakfast), the location is very close to the international airport of Jogja (Adisucipto), but quite far from the city centre (Malioboro, about 20 minutes of driving), but overall, it is a good hotel

- went to Malioboro, which is absolutely heaven for a shopper. you can get cheap and unique things. I almost lost my mind in that place. everything is soo cheap and the best thing for a girl is to buy the things after you bargain for 1/3 of the price. that place is full with batik. my papa is a local fruit lover. he found a man selling salak and he bought 2kg, and half of it was just for him.

- got a little bit hungry and decided that it's over for the trip to Malioboro and time for food hunting. the specialty food in Jogja is Gudeg. I called a good friend of mine who lives in Jogja. She recommended a place. well, the restaurant is located near MMUGM, and nothing fancy about the restaurant. BUT, the food (Gudeg) is absolutely delicious, eventhough for someone like me whose not a big fan of sweet food.

- went back to the hotel, since it was almost dark and we hadn't pray and we had to get ready for the 'family meeting'. after we took a rest for a while (shower, took a nap, etc), we went out to the lobby. It was raining heavily outside, so we had to stay in the hotel. I met his parents in the corridor of our floor. My parents went to the lobby long before we did, because the hotel had a show for Sinden with Gamelan.

- had to eat in the hotel's restaurant since it was raining. the food was not that good and it was expensive *i think it's standard price for 4-star hotels*. but the purpose of the meeting was not the food but the 'meeting' itself.

- met a good friend of mine that i haven't met for over 5 years. had a great talk and laugh with her, together with each other's boyfee.

- it was almost 11WIB and it was the time to get some rest.

Will continue writing about the next days...

No comments:

Post a Comment